Sunday, February 24, 2013

Building Connections


Today, more importantly than ever, networking and connections are essential towards the learning of every educator and student.  New information and resources are shared everyday digitally, which allow for wonderful learning opportunities. Sharing your knowledge and resources with your personal learning network, or PLN,  will allow these networking exchanges to grow, build , and flourish into amazing learning experiences for many students throughout the world!

Two years ago I began building connections in the Flat Classroom Project, A Week in the Life, as well as my PLN on Twitter, which focused on many teachers on #4thchat.  I was discovering learning opportunities that made my classroom more engaged, meaningful, and connected to the world.  I also joined other organizations, such as MACUL, and the MAET program, which furthered my passion for educational technology, as well as connecting with essential educators that have transformed my outlook on the future of learning.

This past year, my connections have continued to grow and evolve, as my own profession has changed.  While I am no longer in the classroom, I have the opportunity to share these learning experiences, networking opportunities, and projects with more teachers and hopefully have a trickling effect to impact more classrooms than just my own.   Collaboration is essential in today's society, and we must model that with the learning that is taking place in classrooms everywhere.

I am very excited to extend my PLN and build global connections throughout the Flat Classroom Teacher Certification program, as well as my participation and membership in the International Society of Technology in Education, otherwise known as ISTE.  I am really looking forward to attending my first ISTE conference this year.   I want to learn and connect as much as possible while I am there, which has led me to join the ISTE conference Ning, as well as the ISTE Newbies group as well!  It is so important that other teachers that I work with don't regard me as just, "talking the talk", but also "walking the walk".

It is a personal ambition of mine to continue growing, participating, connecting, and learning to model how as educators we must always continue on the pathway of learning.  If you would have told me two years ago what I would be doing today, I wouldn't have dreamed that my goals would have flourished beyond my expectations.  I cannot wait to see what is in store for the next few years!  I am grateful each day for the connections I have made, and look forward to the connections that I will find tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment