Sunday, February 17, 2013

Growing, Learning, Connecting Globally!

While it has only been a couple of months since I have completed my graduate work in my Master's program at Michigan State University, I have decided to continue my studies globally with a familiar project that has fascinated me for over two years- The Flat Classroom Project Teacher Certification program.  A few weeks ago, I noticed the tweets about the projects starting again in February and March, and it reminded me of the wonderful learning opportunity my class experienced with the Flat Classroom Project: A Week in the Life.  The project all opened our eyes to global connections and collaborations, which has affected my perspectives and passion for collaborative learning experiences in the classroom.  I purchased the book, Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds, and was immediately hooked!  I knew that it I wanted to continue my journey with this program!

The class began a couple of weeks ago, and I am so grateful to be a part of a wonderful cohort of teachers throughout the world that also are passionate about global, collaborative learning!  I look forward to the challenges and experiences in this project, as well as providing learning opportunities for teachers that I work with, to become globally connected in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment